4th Annual Butterfly Adventure
Be amazed with an up close encounter as hundreds of butterflies surround you in this butterfly adventure habitat.
You will also be able to explore:
• Discovery Rooms: Meet the animals
• Marine Lab: Explore the coral reef and interact with marine animals in the touch tanks
• Ecology Lab: Visit the invertebrate zoo and learn about South Carolina habitats
• Design Lab: Hands-on activities for all ages
• Living History Farm: Explore log cabins, one-room school, and visit the farm animals
• Butterfly Garden and Arboretum
• Wildwood natural play and tree houses
Tickets may be purchased online or onsite at the ticket booth in the main parking lot. They accept all major credit cards. They cannot accept credit card payments by phone.
Online tickets will be emailed to you. Please print them and bring them with you, or show them on your phone at the gate. All tickets must be scanned and exchanged for a wristband for entry into the Butterfly Adventure. Pre-purchased tickets may be used on any day Tuesday through Saturday between June 11 and July 12. Tickets are valid for one entry only. Once a ticket has been scanned, it is considered redeemed and may not be used again. Tickets are not refundable.
Plan for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours to do all of the activities.
The Butterfly House is located in the tropical rainforest habitat inside Harrison Hall. Butterflies like it toasty, so it is very warm in the exhibit. Please dress to stay cool! The queue for Butterfly House is outside the building and is mostly shaded, but not covered.
Harrison Hall activities are all indoors; the Living History Farm is outdoors. They recommend sunscreen and/or a hat. There are water bottles available for purchase, but you’re welcome to bring your own.
- Presented By: Roper Mountain Science Center
- Dates: 6/18/2019, 6/19/2019, 6/20/2019, 6/21/2019, 6/22/2019, 6/25/2019, 6/26/2019, 6/27/2019, 6/28/2019, 6/29/2019, 7/2/2019, 7/3/2019, 7/5/2019, 7/6/2019, 7/9/2019, 7/10/2019, 7/11/2019, 7/12/2019
- Location: Roper Mountain Science Center
- Address: 402 Roper Mountain Rd, Greenville, SC 29615
- Phone: (864) 355-8900
- Time: 9 am-3 pm
- Price: Free for Roper Mountain Science Center Members and children age 3 and under, $8 for Adults, $7 for Children 4 - 12, Seniors (60+) and Military