Baking 101: Intro to Cake Decorating (Hands-on)
BAKING 101: INTRO TO CAKE DECORATING (HANDS-ON)
Learn the essential skills for decorating and styling cakes of all kinds as you practice your skills in this hands-on course. Our chef-instructor will walk you through every step of the process for making buttercream icing, preparing cake layers for filling, using a piping bag and applying various piping tips to achieve your creative vision. The skills you learn in this course will transfer to decorating with buttercream no matter the cake or the occasion, from birthdays and anniversaries to everyday celebrations.
Rate includes one adult; reduced rates available for adult with one child. Be sure to select the appropriate "Optional Fee."
Please no children under 8; one child per adult.
At each of CHI’s Hands-on Cooking Classes, you’ll enter Greenville Tech’s gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. CHI's culinary educators bring extensive cooking and teaching experience to help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from CHI’s chef-instructor as you produce several dishes in CHI’s state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: September 30, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 5:30-9 pm
- Price: $79