Baking 3.14: Pie Day
BAKING 3.14: PIE DAY (HANDS-ON)
It’s time to celebrate 3.14159265359… er… pie! Even if you haven’t thought about math in a long time, you can join in the fun of “Pi Day” in this hands-on class designed to help you gain confidence with pâte brisée—better known as pie dough. CHI’s professional chef-instructor will teach you techniques for ensuring perfect, flaky pie crusts every time—no soggy bottoms!—and how to make delicious fillings that showcase pie’s versatility.
This course offers the opportunity to practice your skills as you make a classic lemon chess pie and a choose-your-own-adventure cream pie from options on an in-class pie menu (think chocolate, peanut butter and more). Make your friends and family happy by taking home both pies you produce during class!
NOTE: This course offers reduced rates for a parent/guardian with one child. Be sure to select the appropriate ""Optional Fee."" (Max of one child per parent/guardian, please. Children must be under the age of 18 to qualify for this discount; please no children under the age of 8.)
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: March 12, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 5:30-9 pm
- Price: $79