When: April 25, 2019
Where: Lottie Beal Gibson Center of Excellence 130 Industrial Drive, Greenville, SC 29607
Training: Certification 101
Presenter: D. Shannan McKinney, MEd, LPC, LPCS, CACII
When: Registration 8:30. Training is 9-4:30
Lunch on your own from 12-1
Credit: 6 Hours
Audience: Art Therapists, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors, Licensed Professional Counselors, Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors, School Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Medical Professionals
Fee: Registration is $75.00Employees of Region 1 301 Agencies (A/OBHS, BHSPC, CCCADA, The Forrester Center, HealthyU, Phoenix Center, Cornerstone, Westview, Saluda, Gateway, plus Spartanburg Area Mental Health Center and Anderson/Oconee/Pickens Mental Health) may attend monthly Region 1 trainings at no charge; however, registration is needed in advance and is on a first come/first served basis.
This training will be a guide through the certification process. The 12 core functions will be reviewed as we discuss the various areas that are crucial for the certified addictions counselor. This training will be interactive to increase the candidate and supervisor’s understanding of the certification process.
CAC Candidate Objectives
- Candidates will be able to increase their understanding of the CACI and CACII certification process.
- Candidates will gain insight into the oral exam.
- Candidates will acquire tips to increase success in the written and oral exam.
- Supervisors will increase their understanding of the CACI and CACII certification process.
- Supervisors will gain tips to enhance their counselors' preparation for the oral exam.
D. Shannan McKinney, MEd, LPC, LPCS, LAC, CACII, has 17 years of experience in substance prevention/intervention/treatment. She is currently employed by AOBHS as the Director of Operations & Treatment. Shannan is a current member of the SCAADAC Certification Commission.