Cinco de Mayo Celebration: Tacos, Tortilla and More
CINCO DE MAYO CELEBRATION: TACOS, TORTILLA AND MORE (HANDS-ON)
¡Sign up for a Cinco de Mayo-themed fiesta at CHI! Join CHI’s certified executive chef in the kitchen to learn how to make fresh corn and flour tortillas completely from scratch and pair them with fabulous main dishes like chicken tinga and pork carnitas.
In this class, you’ll help to produce everything from salsa and guacamole to crispy taco shells, enchiladas and taquitos. Chef Bill Twaler will guide you through classic Tex-Mex side dishes and teach you some of the techniques that make Latin American cooking so incredibly versatile and delicious.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: April 30, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 6-9 pm
- Price: $99