Come for an unforgettable experience aboard one of the few remaining airworthy B-17s in the world. You won’t want to miss Aluminum Overcast when it visits the Greenville Downtown Airport! Climb aboard the 65,000-lb. B-17 bomber and step back in time to the World War II era. Feel the might of this magnificent flying machine as it soars through the sky on your mission flight where you’ll discover why it’s called the Flying Fortress. Stand in the footsteps of the bombardier, the navigator, and the waist gunner and relive history by experiencing this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fly in one of World War II's most vital and magnificent aircraft.
People of all ages will appreciate the history associated with this airplane that helped the Allies achieve victory. They invite families to visit and learn all about the aircraft.
Revenues from the B-17 tour help cover maintenance and operations costs for the aircraft and aid the ambition to "keep 'em flying" for many years to come.
The dates for this event have already occurred, please check back again for new dates.
- Presented By: Greenville Airport Commission
- Dates: June 2, 2018
- Location: Greenville Downtown Airport
- Address: 21 Airport Road Ext, Greenville, SC 29607
- Time: Ground Tours (2-5 pm, weather permitting)
- Price: Ground Tours (2-5 pm, weather permitting) $10; Family Rate $20; Children under 8 (with paying adult) FREE. MilitaryMission Flights (weather permitting) Advance $449; Walk-Up $475