Flavoring Foods with Spices and Herbs (Hands-On)
FLAVORING FOODS WITH SPICES AND HERBS (HANDS-ON)
One of the most important skills in any cook’s repertoire is the ability to build flavors throughout the cooking process, from pairing the right herbs and spices together to using techniques that maximize flavor in the final product.
In this course, you’ll learn to think like a chef about salt, herbs, spices and techniques that make your favorite cuisine distinctive. What are some substitutions you can make to achieve great results even if you’re out of a particular ingredient or can’t find it in your local grocery? How much salt is enough and how can you tell?
Spend three hours preparing and tasting a variety of proteins, vegetables and grains under the guidance of CHI’s professional chef-instructor, and learn how to take your cooking from bland to bold.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: April 9, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 6-9 pm
- Price: $99