Friday Starry Nights
Join Roper Mountain Science Center for a night under the stars in the Hooper Planetarium with a 360° full immersion dome, 4K projection, state-of-the-art lighting, dynamic 5.1 surround sound and more!
Shows change every few weeks, so check RoperMountain.org for the latest information on programs and times.
Upstate's Sky Tonight is included in the 7:30 p.m. show where you will learn about what’s happening in tonight’s sky including: planets, constellations, moon phases and special celestial events. Join their Astronomers in the Daniel Observatory for a spectacular view through the 23 inch refractor telescope. Built in 1882 for Princeton University and used for astronomical research until 1964, this historic telescope is the 8th largest refractor in North America.
It is recommended that you pre-order your tickets online, but limited tickets may be available for purchase onsite at the Planetarium prior to showtime.
They accept all major credit cards. Tickets are non-refundable.
Please arrive early. You will need to have your ticket scanned prior to showtime.
Seating begins 15 minutes early.
Show begins promptly at showtime.
No entry after feature show begins.
Handicap visitors with walkers or wheel chairs should arrive 30 minutes early in order to request special seating.
- Presented By: Roper Mountain Science Center
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Friday
- Location: Roper Mountain Science Center
- Address: 402 Roper Mountain Rd, Greenville, SC 29615
- Phone: (864) 355-8900
- Time: 6 pm & 7:30 pm
- Price: $6 for adults and teens, $5 for children ages 4-12, $5 for senior citizens ages 60 and over, $5 for members of the military, FREE for Roper Mountain Science Center members and Greenville County School employees with pass