Friday Starry Nights
Join Roper Mountain for a night under the stars in the Hooper Planetarium with a 360° full immersion dome, 4K projection, state-of-the-art lighting, dynamic 5.1 surround sound and more!
Shows change every few weeks, so check RoperMountain.org for the latest information on programs and times. Current Offerings:
6 p.m.: Earth Moon Sun -
This planetarium show explores the relationship between the Earth, Moon and Sun with the help of Coyote, an amusing character adapted from Native American oral traditions who has many misconceptions about our home planet and its most familiar neighbors.
His confusion about the universe makes viewers think about how the Earth, Moon and Sun work together as a system. Native American stories are used throughout the show to help distinguish between myths and science.
Recommended for age 4 and above.
8 p.m.: Stars -
Stars focuses on the lives of the stars, how they are born, how they die, and how human understanding of the stars has changed over time.
From Native Americans to Newton, from the electromagnetic spectrum to Einstein, audiences will explore nebulae, star clusters, pulsars, black holes, and more.
The program features the voice talent of Mark Hamill. The Nashville Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Albert-George Schram, resident conductor, performed part of the soundtrack
Order Tickets Online Only - No On-Site Ticket Sales. All major credit cards are accepted. Tickets are non-refundable.
For your safety, they have set up the following guidelines:
- The lobby and planetarium be open 30 minutes before the show begins.
- Staff and guests are required to wear masks.
- You will be seated by the Planetarium Specialist and should stay in your assigned seat.
- There will be 6 feet indicators to direct you while in the lobby.
- Please be sure to have your eTicket (printed or electronic). Tickets will need to be scanned upon entry.
- The following passes will not be accepted at this time: Golden Circle, District Employee Passes, Admit One/Family.
- Daniel Observatory will not be open for viewing at this time.
$6.00 for Adults and Teens
$5.00 Children (ages 4-12)
$5.00 Senior Citizens (age 60 & over)
FREE - RMSC Members and GCS employees with pass
Children age 3 and under - Not recommended