Friday Starry Nights
Join Roper Mountain for a night under the stars in the Hooper Planetarium with a 360° full immersion dome, 4K projection, state-of-the-art lighting, dynamic 5.1 surround sound and more!
Shows change every few weeks, so check RoperMountain.org for the latest information on programs and times. Current Offerings:
6 p.m.: Two Small Pieces Of Glass - The Amazing Telescope
This planetarium show follows two students as they interact with a female astronomer at a local star party. Along the way, the students learn the history of the telescope from Galileo’s modifications to a child’s spyglass — using two small pieces of glass — to the launch of the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope and the future of astronomy.
Recommended for age 4 and above.
8 p.m.: Astronaut
The exploration of space is the greatest endeavor that humankind has ever undertaken. What does it take to be part of this incredible journey? What does it take to become an astronaut?
Experience a rocket launch from inside the body of an astronaut. Explore the amazing worlds of inner and outer space, from floating around the International Space Station to maneuvering through microscopic regions of the human body.
Order Tickets Online Only - No On-Site Ticket Sales. All major credit cards are accepted. Tickets are non-refundable.
For your safety, they have set up the following guidelines:
- The lobby and planetarium be open 30 minutes before the show begins.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- You will be seated by the Planetarium Specialist and should stay in your assigned seat.
- There will be 6 feet indicators to direct you while in the lobby.
- Please be sure to have your eTicket (printed or electronic). Tickets will need to be scanned upon entry.
- The following passes will not be accepted at this time: Golden Circle, District Employee Passes, Admit One/Family.
- Daniel Observatory will not be open for viewing at this time.
$6.00 for Adults and Teens
$5.00 Children (ages 4-12)
$5.00 Senior Citizens (age 60 & over)
FREE - RMSC Members and GCS employees with pass
Children age 3 and under - Not recommended
- Dates: June 4, 2021 - July 30, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Friday
- Location: Roper Mountain Science Center
- Address: 402 Roper Mountain Rd, Greenville, SC 29615
- Phone: (864) 355-8906
- Time: 6 pm or 8 pm
- Price: $6 - Adults; $5 - Children, Seniors and Military; FREE - Roper Mountain members and GCS Employees