Friday Starry Nights
Join Roper Mountain for a night under the stars in the Hooper Planetarium with a 360° full immersion dome, 4K projection, state-of-the-art lighting, dynamic 5.1 surround sound and more!
Shows change every few weeks, so check for the latest information on programs and times. Current Offerings:
6 p.m.: Map to the Chocolate Planet
Two alien kids in some other Galaxy got the taste of Chocolate.
In search of some imaginary planet made up of chocolate, they traveled the Universe leading to our Milky Way.
Searching each planet of the solar system to derive which one is made of chocolate, they learn lots of other interesting facts about our Solar System.
Recommended for age 4 and above.
7:30 p.m.: From Earth to the Universe
The night sky, both beautiful and mysterious, has been the subject of campfire stories, ancient myths and awe for as long as there have been people. A desire to comprehend the Universe may well be humanity’s oldest shared intellectual experience. Yet only recently have we truly begun to grasp our place in the vast cosmos. To learn about this journey of celestial discovery, from the theories of the ancient Greek astronomers to today’s grandest telescopes, we invite you to experience From Earth to the Universe.
This stunning, 30-minute voyage through space and time conveys, through sparkling sights and sounds, the Universe revealed to us by science. Viewers can revel in the splendor of the worlds in the Solar System and our scorching Sun. From Earth to the Universe takes the audience out to the colorful birthplaces and burial grounds of stars, and still further out beyond the Milky Way to the unimaginable immensity of a myriad galaxies. Along the way, the audience will learn about the history of astronomy, the invention of the telescope, and today’s giant telescopes that allow us to probe ever deeper into the Universe.
Order Tickets Online Only - No On-Site Ticket Sales. All major credit cards are accepted. Tickets are non-refundable.
For your safety, they have set up the following guidelines:
- The lobby and planetarium be open 30 minutes before the show begins.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Please be sure to have your eTicket (printed or electronic). Tickets will need to be scanned upon entry.
- The following passes will not be accepted at this time: Golden Circle, District Employee Passes, Admit One/Family.
- Daniel Observatory will not be open for viewing at this time.
$6.00 for Adults and Teens
$5.00 Children (ages 4-12)
$5.00 Senior Citizens (age 60 & over)
FREE - RMSC Members and GCS employees with pass
Children age 3 and under - Not recommended
- Dates: October 1, 2021 - November 19, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Friday
- Location: Roper Mountain Science Center
- Address: 402 Roper Mountain Rd, Greenville, SC 29615
- Phone: (864) 355-8906
- Time: 6 & 7:30 pm
- Price: $6 - Adults; $5 - Children, Seniors and Military; FREE - Roper Mountain members and GCS Employees