Furman Theatre Arts presents 'Put Yourself Out There' By Deneen Reynolds-Knott
Inspired by discussions between students, faculty and the playwright, “Put Yourself Out There” is produced in partnership with The Farm Theater College Collaboration Project and is sponsored in part by the Furman Humanities Center. The play follows a group of friends navigating loneliness, belonging and the question: is graduation the ultimate test of our college bonds? Are these bonds authentic or forced?
“In a mutually beneficial relationship, playwrights develop new work and students get involved in the process of making a new play,” says American Theatre magazine. Throughout the season, the script will be revised, and each university, including Oklahoma City University, Centre College, and Furman, will produce the play independently, culminating in a professional reading in New York City at the end of the season. Caroline Jane Davis directs.
- Presented By: Furman University
- Dates: 4/12/2023, 4/13/2023, 4/14/2023, 4/15/2023, 4/16/2023
- Location: Furman University, The Playhouse
- Address: 3300 Poinsett Hwy, Greenville, SC 29613
- Time: 7:30 pm Tuesday-Saturday, 2 pm Sunday matinee
- Price: $15 general admission, $5 students