GEOFFREY ROBSON AND ANDRIUS ŽLABYS: QUEST AND DESTINY
The orchestra’s 76th season includes a number of firsts:
- More 20th and 21st century works are scheduled than ever before.
- Women and minority composers make up 40% of the composers featured in the Peace Center Concert Hall performances.
- All six music director candidates will be appearing with the Greenville Symphony for the first time.
Geoffrey Robson, currently artistic director and principal conductor of the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, opens the Greenville season with African American composer Florence Price’s “Ethiopia’s Shadow in American,” a 1932 work that incorporates spiritual-like themes in a romantic texture. The program also includes Richard Strauss’ tone poem “Don Juan” and Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2, with Grammy-nominated Andrius Zlabys as soloist.
- Presented By: Greenville Symphony Orchestra
- Dates: 9/9/2023, 9/10/2023
- Location: Peace Center
- Address: 300 S. Main Street, Greenville, SC 29601
- Time: Sat. 7:30 p.m. Sun. 3:00 p.m.
- Price: $20-$85: Tickets on sale beginning July 10, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.