German Cuisine: Schnitzel & Spaetzle
GERMAN CUISINE: SCHNITZEL & SPAETZLE
Nearly every cuisine has its own specialty fried food, and Germany’s golden-brown pork cutlets are the plate-filling stuff of legend. Learn the techniques behind two of the country’s most iconic foods—schnitzel and spaetzle—and travel the world just a bit without leaving Greenville.
In this course, you’ll learn how to pair the right breading technique with the right cooking method, how to make intensely savory Jaeger sauce (think mushroom gravy!), and how to make an easy and quick fresh noodle that is sure to join your regular dinner rotation.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: March 25, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 5:30-9 pm
- Price: $99