The team at Lake Conestee Nature Park is gearing up for their 3rd annual GooseChase! This event will raise funds for the education programs at the park! So grab your friends and family and create a team and join them for this fun and exciting event that combines the tried and true scavenger hunt with smartphone technology for a customized adventure in the park.
After the hunt they will have live music from My Girl, My Whiskey, and Me, food for purchase from Maggie Mae’s Food Truck, and beer from Thomas Creek (for a donation)!
How to Play – Form a team of 2-5 people. Designate one person as the team captain and download the GooseChase app onto their smartphone. Create a team name and register your account using that team name. The day of the event we will unlock access to our game.
To complete a mission, select it from the list and follow the instructions to receive the allotted points. This year we have several community partners that will be leading some of the missions. So be ready to interact with other organizations from around Greenville that are invested in conservation and preserving LCNP! To complete a mission you may be asked to text in an answer, take a picture, or include a video. Your team will get 3 hours to complete as many missions as possible!
You will be able to track your progress against the other teams to see if you need to step up your game to take the lead! All submissions will be reviewed by the park staff. You might get bonus points for submissions that are extra impressive or lose points for not completing the task or following the rules. The team with the most points at the end wins!
Each member of the top 3 teams will win a gift card to Frugal Backpacker!
- 1st Place will receive a $50 gift card
- 2nd Place will receive a $20 gift card
- 3rd Place will receive a $10 gift card
Ages: anyone able to move quickly around the park for 2.5-3 hours is welcome
When: March 30th
- 2:00 pm - 5:00pm - Scavenger Hunt
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm Food and Music
Where: 601 Fork Shoals Rd.
Cost: Fees are non-refundable.
- $25 per team member for the hunt and the 'after party'$15 if you only want to come for the 'after party'
- Register before March 15th to get a free t-shirt! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your shirt sizes.
- Registration will close March 26th at midnight
- (food and drinks sold separately)
What to Bring -
- smart phone
- small backpack
- camp chair or blanket for the after party
NO dogs allowed!
Registration will start in February so check back for more details!
Thank you to our sponsors: Mast General Store, Frugal Backpacker, and Thomas Creek Brewery.