Holiday Cookies of All Kinds - Cooking Class at CHI
Home for the Holidays Series: Holiday Cookies of All Kinds
One of the season's best traditions is swapping a plate of homemade cookies with your family, neighbors and friends. Learn how to make your cookie exchange more special this holiday season as our chef teaches techniques for classics like snickerdoodles and inventive cookies you'll love at first bite. From using molasses to stress-free decorating, this cookie class offers a fun and delicious activity for both beginner and advanced bakers.
NOTE: This course offers reduced rates for a parent/guardian with either one or two children (must be under the age of 18). Be sure to select the appropriate "Optional Fee."
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Take home all of the food you prepare during class! Depending on the course, that may mean a full rack of ribs, two fully prepared pies, two dozen cookies, or other delicious treats.
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in CHI's state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- An informational packet with all the recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn new skills and cook something delicious at CHI!
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Bill Twaler, Certified Executive Chef (CEC)
Masters of Science in Education from the University of Kansas
Bachelor of Science in Food Service Management and Associate Degree in Culinary Arts from Johnson and Wales University
Before joining CHI, Chef Twaler was a Professor of Culinary Arts at the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach, the Culinary Arts/ProStart teacher at Wando High School and the executive chef and owner of Old Firehouse Restaurant in Hollywood, SC.
Chef Twaler is an American Culinary Federation (ACF) Certified Executive Chef, was an apprentice on the Culinary Team USA in the 1996 Berlin Culinary Olympics, and was a safari chef at Hammond Ranch in Zimbabwe in 1998.
Chef Twaler’s professional accomplishments include the following:
- 2016 National Educator of Excellence Award
- 2016 SC Hospitality Educator of the Year
- ProStart State Management Championships in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- ProStart National Championship in 2015
Masks are required for all college visitors, students and employees. Please do not bring extra guests. For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19
- Dates: December 2, 2020
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 5:30-8:30 pm
- Price: $75