Lowcountry Legends: Frogmore and More (Hands-on)
LOWCOUNTRY LEGENDS: FROGMORE AND MORE (HANDS-ON)
Frogmore Stew, Low Country Boil or Beaufort Stew—no matter what you call it, South Carolina’s favorite celebration fare is also one of CHI’s Chef Twaler’s top summer treats. Whether you’re making Low Country Boil for two or for a family reunion, this course will help you feel more confident as you spend extra time and money in a cooking method you might not use all that frequently.
In this hands-on course, you’ll learn how to ensure success every time as you prepare a South Carolina classic featuring new potatoes, sweet corn, local shrimp and smoked sausage. Chef Twaler will even share his secret seasoning that outshines any crab boil from a box. To round out the entire meal, you’ll learn the techniques for making incredible fried green tomatoes and a show-stopping banana pudding completely from scratch.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in the state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: July 2, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 5:30-9 PM
- Price: $99