Out of the Hills: The Birth of Country Music
Out of the Hills: The Birth of Country Music will trace the history of country music from 1920 to 1980, with an emphasis on the development of bluegrass and southeastern country music. Highlights include an extensive poster collection on loan from Tom Murphy, items from the Earl Scruggs estate, and Marty Robbins' epiphone guitar used in his classic recording of "El Paso." The exhibit will open on April 14, 2023 and run through October.
- Dates: April 14, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Sigal Music Museum
- Address: 516 Buncombe St (at Heritage Green), Greenville, SC 29601
- Time: Tues-Sat: 10:00 a.m.-5 p.m./Sun: 1:00-5:00 p.m. Closed Mondays
- Price: General Admission (Self-guided exploration of the Museum) FREE – Members $7 – Adults $6 – Seniors/Military/College $4 – Student Ages 6-18 FREE – Children under 6