PARISIAN PASTRIES (HANDS-ON)
If you find yourself daydreaming about café au lait and sweet treats near the Seine, this class is for you! CHI’s chef-instructor will guide you through every step of the process for producing picture-perfect results from the incredibly versatile pâte à choux (choux pastry).
In this course, you’ll learn the techniques behind some of France’s most famous pastries, including eclairs, profiteroles (cream puffs!) and the show-stopping Paris-Brest. You’ll also learn how to make multiple fillings and toppings, from luxurious pastry cream to shiny, decadent chocolate glaze.
You’ll also get to take home whatever you don’t finish in class!
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in the state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: April 8, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 6-9 pm
- Price: $89