Pit Master: BBQ Beef Ribs
PIT MASTER: BBQ BEEF RIBS (HANDS-ON)
Join CHI’s resident Pit Master, Chef Bill Twaler, for this class designed to transform the way you think about barbecue ribs. In this course, Chef Twaler will teach you how to smoke intensely flavorful beef short ribs to ensure you make the most of an expensive cut of meat. You’ll also learn how to use the 3-2-1 method for slow cooking beef back ribs from the ribeye section of the cow and what to watch for if you’re cooking Texas-style beef plate ribs.
During class, you’ll produce rubs, sauces and side dishes to complement the smoky, flavorful beef ribs you prepare over the course of six hours. Register to wow your family with an unexpected and impressive meal as the weather warms up for grilling season!
One rack of beef back ribs per person
One meaty short rib per person (approximately one pound)
Rubs, sauces and side dishes for a full rib dinner!
Demonstration and tasting of Texas-style “bear claw” ribs prepared by Chef Twaler
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: April 10, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 9 am-3 pm
- Price: $149