Pit Master: Burgers
PIT MASTER: BURGERS (HANDS-ON)
If you’re a perfectionist looking for the hamburger that achieves the ideal balance of texture and flavor, then this hands-on course is your one-stop destination for mastering Memorial Day grilling. Join Chef Bill Twaler to explore what makes the hamburger an icon of American cuisine and how restaurants manage to take the humble burger and turn it into a show-stopping entree.
Learn how to blend different cuts of beef to create the ideal ratios that maximize flavor, and discover how each step of the process affects the end result, from trimming and grinding the meat to making patties and grilling each burger to the perfect temperature. During this course, you’ll also learn how to make delicious burger fixin’s, including pimento cheese and crisp, flavorful French fries.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: May 15, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 9 AM-12:30 PM
- Price: $99