Pit Master: Cooking on the Coals (Hands-On)
PIT MASTER: COOKING ON THE COALS (HANDS-ON)
One of the first cooking methods ever is still one of the best! Discover what some people call “caveman cookery” and what many more people call “delicious!” in this course on CHI’s outdoor Grill Patio. Chef Bill Twaler will guide you step-by-step through cooking directly on live coals, with tips on how to avoid burnt off-flavors and how to build the perfect fire for a variety of ingredients.
You’ll produce incredibly juicy, flavorful steaks, smoky sweet potatoes and a variety of perfectly cooked vegetables as you hone your Pit Master skills in this exciting hands-on course.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: May 1, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 9 AM-12:30 PM
- Price: $119