Pointes, Pirouettes and Plies: Carolina Ballet Theatre Turns 50
March 12 – July 17, 2022
Carolina Ballet Theatre – Raising the Barre in Greenville
For more than six centuries, ballet has graced royal courts and stages across the globe, and for 50 years, Greenville’s own Carolina Ballet Theatre has been bringing this timeless performance art to the Upstate.
From that first day in 1972 until now, CBT has been guided by the prospect of what could be. Its evolutionary, enlightened and engaging approach has ensured that this powerful performance art remains true to its origins while continuing to push the boundaries of this dynamic dance medium.
An artistic vision with hundreds of dancers, hundreds of hours of training and practicing, and countless performances have all culminated into a legacy of bringing world-class productions to the Greenville stage.
This exhibition celebrates an incredible 50-year journey that has encountered notable high points, as well as unimaginable setbacks, but still managing to raise the barre on entertainment excellence, engaged outreach, and unity through performance arts.
- Presented By: Upcountry History Museum
- Dates: March 12, 2022 - July 17, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Upcountry History Museum
- Address: 540 Buncombe St, Greenville, SC 29601
- Time: Tue-Sat 10 am-5 pm; Sun 1-5 pm
- Price: Adults - $10, Senior Adults & College Students - $9, Children ages 4-18 - $8, Children ages 3 and under are FREE