Risotto, Charleston Red Rice & Cuban Pilaf
RISOTTO, CHARLESTON RED RICE AND CUBAN PILAF (HANDS-ON)
One of the world’s most beloved foods, rice is incredibly versatile, inexpensive and, most importantly, delicious! Learn to make perfect rice every time you cook, whether you’re preparing a romantic risotto dinner for two or feeding Charleston Red Rice to a crowd.
This techniques-oriented course walks you through rice-cooking methods and flavor profiles from multiple cultures to boost your weeknight dinners and special occasion meals alike. In this course, you’ll learn how to make “red rice” and “yellow rice” varieties with a variety of flavorful add-ins that vary by location, plus you’ll learn how to produce risottos that make show-stopping entrees.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in the state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: April 13, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 6-9 pm
- Price: $89