Southern Sweets: Red Velvet and Coconut Cakes (Hands-on)
SOUTHERN SWEETS: RED VELVET AND COCONUT CAKES (HANDS-ON)
Join this hands-on baking and pastry course to find out what gives traditional Southern sweets their reputation for homestyle perfection. During this course you’ll learn the methods for producing never-fail red velvet cupcakes and a coconut cake completely from scratch.
Learn some of the history and science that make red velvet cake a staple of the Southern kitchen, with special attention to making perfectly smooth and well-balanced cream cheese icing. For the other half of the unstoppable Southern dessert cart, follow step-by-step as you make the ultimate coconut cake, from beginning to end. At the end of class, make your friends and family happy by taking whatever you don’t eat home with you.
Rate includes one adult, and reduced rates are available for an adult with one child. Be sure to select the appropriate "Optional Fee."
Please no more than one child per adult and no children under the age of 8.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in the state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: May 11, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 5:30-9 PM
- Price: $79