Spanish Holiday: Paella, Romesco and Flan - Demo & Tasting
SPANISH HOLIDAY: PAELLA, ROMESCO AND FLAN
Escape to Barcelona—one of Chef Bill Twaler’s favorite cities—in this demonstration and tasting course dedicated to the vibrant flavors of Spain. Travel with the chef to La Rambla, and enjoy some great treats like smoky grilled vegetables paired with a tangy Romesco sauce.
Engage in a lively class discussion as Chef Twaler teaches you the techniques that have made paella—with chicken and chorizo, in this case—one of Spain’s signature dishes. Finish the course on a sweet note as you learn the principles behind perfectly cooked custard desserts like Spanish flan.
At each of CHI’s Hands-on Cooking Classes, you’ll enter Greenville Tech’s gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from CHI’s chef-instructor as you produce several dishes in CHI’s state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: May 13, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 6-8 PM
- Price: $45