Takeout at Home! American-Chinese Favorites
TAKEOUT AT HOME! AMERICAN-CHINESE FAVORITES (HANDS-ON)
Though specialties vary from region to region, American-Chinese restaurants offer up some of the entire country’s most beloved takeout food. Sign up to learn the essential skills behind favorites like Beef & Broccoli and General Tso’s Chicken, plus methods to produce incredible Fried Rice from pantry ingredients you already have on hand.
In this course, CHI’s chef-instructor will walk you step-by-step through home-cooking techniques that achieve restaurant-quality results. You’ll learn how to make delicious takeout dishes at home, where you control every detail, from salt and spice levels to the proteins and vegetables your family loves. You’ll also get to take-out anything you don’t finish in class!
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: April 23, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 6-9 PM
- Price: $99