TD Essential Market Presented by Prisma Health
Welcome to the TD Essential Market, kicking off the season Saturday, June 6.
Before your Trip to the Market:
- Know before you go – make a shopping list.
- Bring reusable bags.
- For the safety of others, face covering use is recommended.
- Check yourself - If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, STAY HOME.
While Shopping at the Market:
- Maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing from others. Watch for physical cues such as tape, cones and signs that are posted as a reminder.
- Wash your hands with soap and water at handwashing stations located at the market entrances at McBee Avenue and Main Street. Hand sanitizing stations are also available inside the market site.
- Shop as quickly and efficiently as possible to make space for others. Market staff and vendors may politely ask you to keep moving in an effort to serve as many shoppers as possible.
- Use a credit card or exact change when possible.
- Shop with your eyes only, vendors will handle items.
- Be patient as they work to maintain a healthy and safe shopping space.
Enjoy the TD Essential Market until circumstances allow the regularly ocurring TD Saturday Market to resume.
Every year, on Saturday mornings from the beginning of May until the end of October, two blocks of downtown Greenville's Main Street are transformed into a bustling farmers' market aptly named the TD Saturday Market. Cars waiting patiently for traffic lights or the perfect parking spot are replaced with roughly 75 white tents - each one housing a vendor selling the season's freshest produce-perhaps, red ripe strawberries in early June or singe-your-tongue hot peppers in late July- or the area's most original and high quality crafts. Each week thousands of people flock to the TD Saturday Market for locally-sourced products (all food must be grown or produced within 100 miles of Greenville and crafters are highly-encouraged to use locally-sourced supplies). Most come for the fresh produce or the handcrafted pastas and cheeses, some make it a summertime ritual-a place to meet friends over a decadent breakfast pastry or a place for the little ones to jig and jive to local musicians in the warm summer air and others come for the opportunity to take in a local chef's cooking demonstration.
There is no TD Saturday Market on Saturday, October 10 due to Fall for Greenville.