Textile Mill & Village Tour: Early Years
The textile industry is the most significant aspect of Greenville's history. It employed 1 out of every 3 people here for many years and had worldwide reach and importance. This driving tour takes you to eight of the mills built up between 1874-1902 in downtown Greenville and into the "Textile Crescent" at the city limits. Guests will learn in-depth about the mill leaders, workers, buildings, what village life was like, what the mills produced, why they closed, and what is going on there now. You'll see 100s of historic photos on a screen that dramatically illustrate the themes discussed. You'll also have a chance to actually touch and hold vintage artifacts from this era. Enjoy a fun and educational tour that gives you great insights to this important aspect of Greenville's past and present success.
- Presented By: Greenville History Tours: Historic Neighborhoods & Architecture
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Location: Around Greenville
- Address: SC
- Time: Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 1 pm
- Price: $25 plus tax per person