Vegan Thai: Cooking with Tofu (Hands-On)
FLAVORING FOODS WITH SPICES AND HERBS (HANDS-ON)
Whether you’re a tofu-fanatic or a tofu-phobe, this course will help you fall in love with bold Thai cooking that also happens to be vegan. Learn what makes tofu such an incredible staple ingredient in so many pan-Asian cuisines, and discover new ways of thinking about exciting plant-based meals from an inexpensive but versatile protein source that doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
Join this hands-on class to follow along with Chef Bill Twaler as you make phenomenal Thai-inspired dishes like panko-crusted tofu with a Thai caramel sauce and a crispy tofu green curry. For dessert? An unexpectedly delicious, light but decadent chocolate pie made with silken tofu.
At each Hands-on Cooking Class, you’ll enter the gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from Chef Bill as you produce several dishes in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
- Dates: May 4, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 5:30-9 PM
- Price: $89