Winter Favorites: Chowder and Chili
WINTER FAVORITES: CHOWDER AND CHILI (Demo & Tasting)
Warm up this winter with a bowl of hearty, comforting soup and delicious cornbread straight from the oven in our Culinary Studio. Chef will demonstrate techniques for making authentic Texas chili using beef chuck roast and dried chilis for exceptional depth of flavor. Chef will also teach you the secrets to making a perfectly balanced clam or corn chowder from scratch.
Authentic Texas Chili
New England-style Clam Chowder
At each Studio Demonstration & Tasting Class, you’ll sit in the audience of a state-of-the-art culinary studio, featuring stadium-style seating and the latest audiovisual technology. Watch as Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler teaches the history, traditions and practical applications of your favorite culinary topics. Bring your questions for Chef Bill, and participate in a lively, interactive class to feel like you’re part of your favorite food TV show.
Each Studio Demonstration & Tasting Class includes the following:
- Professional culinary instruction with interactive Q/A
- Two high-definition TV screens with live video to ensure a great view from every seat in the culinary studio
- Tapas-sized portions of several dishes
- An informational packet with all the recipes, tips and techniques covered during the demonstration
Come taste and learn at CHI!
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Bill Twaler, Certified Executive Chef (CEC)
Masters of Science in Education from the University of Kansas
Bachelor of Science in Food Service Management and Associate Degree in Culinary Arts from Johnson and Wales University
Before joining CHI, Chef Twaler was a Professor of Culinary Arts at the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach, the Culinary Arts/ProStart teacher at Wando High School and the executive chef and owner of Old Firehouse Restaurant in Hollywood, SC.
Chef Twaler is an American Culinary Federation (ACF) Certified Executive Chef, was an apprentice on the Culinary Team USA in the 1996 Berlin Culinary Olympics, and was a safari chef at Hammond Ranch in Zimbabwe in 1998.
Chef Twaler’s professional accomplishments include the following:
- 2016 National Educator of Excellence Award
- 2016 SC Hospitality Educator of the Year
- ProStart State Management Championships in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- ProStart National Championship in 2015
Masks are required for all college visitors, students and employees. Please do not bring extra guests. For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19
- Dates: March 11, 2021
- Location: Truist Culinary & Hospitality Innovation Center - Greenville Technical College
- Address: 556 Perry Ave, Suite B114, Greenville, SC 29611
- Phone: (864) 250-8835
- Time: 6-8 pm
- Price: $45