Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
The Ticket Plaza is open daily from 8:30am-5:30pm. Guests can stay as late as 7pm.
At 315 feet tall, Chimney Rock towers over the land of its mountain home. This 535-million-year-old monolith stands for everything that makes the Appalachian Range so singularly unique. The rolling mountains and winding waterways of Hickory Nut Gorge and Lake Lure are on full display from the vantage point at the top. Here, hikers will face a stunning 75-mile view.
Chimney Rock State Park encompasses the 499-stair trail up to the iconic monolith itself as well as several other hiking trails and waterfalls, including the massive 404-foot Hickory Nut Falls. The Skyline Trail meanders along ridgetop forests and sheer cliffs towards Peregrine's Point, the highest point in the park. The family-friendly Great Woodland Adventure Trail turns the spotlight on woodland creatures for a .6-mile educational trail through the forest, while the Old Rock Café and the Sky Lounge Deli provide places to relax and refuel.
- Information Sheet: https://Greenville.simpleviewcrm.com/sched/getfilebykey.cfm?filekey=87db52f0-3936-405d-ba5e-4e00c32019ee
- Days Open: Daily April-Oct. Hours change Nov.-March
- Hours of Operation: Ticket Plaza hours at 8:30am-5:30pm. Guests can hike until 7pm.
- ADA Compliant:
- 100% Smoke Free:
- Group Discounts
- Other See Company Website
- Minutes To GSP Airport: 70
- Minutes To Downtown Greenville: 75
- Minutes to Greenville Convention Center: 75
- Bus Parking Available:
- Outdoor Picnic Area:
- Group Rates Available:
- Gift Shop:
- Menu: https://Greenville.simpleviewcrm.com/sched/getfilebykey.cfm?filekey=3626cfe2-2f1c-49b9-a52c-12538f327748
- Cuisine: American
- Price Range: $6-$12
- Outdoor Seating:
- Alcohol Serviced:
- Group Menu:
- Catering Available:
- Restroom Facilities:
- Electrical Outlets:
- Wheelchair Accessible: