2023 National Travel and Tourism Week Sweepstakes
NO PAYMENT, ENTRY FEE, OR PURCHASE REQUIRED.
ENTRANTS MUST WORK WITHIN THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INDUSTRY AND BE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF SOUTH CAROLINA.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the National Travel & Tourism Week Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) by submitting a nomination on the VisitGreenvilleSC digital entry form. Valid entries for consideration will include all valid names submitted, as defined by the following terms. Nominations must be submitted during the promotional window of April 24, 2023, through May 13, 2023. Nominations submitted outside of this timeframe will not be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person. One (1) winner will be chosen at random from valid nominations.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Participants agree to meet the following conditions and/or terms: participants must be currently working within the hospitality and tourism industry. All Sweepstakes terms and conditions also apply to the winner’s guest. Employees of VisitGreenvilleSC, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and anyone involved with the development or execution of this promotion, and their immediate families (parents, spouses, siblings, and children), and household members of the aforementioned parties are ineligible.
3. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: VisitGreenvilleSC will have the final binding decision in all matters.
4. PRIZE: One (1) two-night stay in Greenville, South Carolina for one (1) Sweepstakes winner and one (1) guest, including (1) breakfast meal per individual, (2) lunch meals per individual, (2) dinner meals per individual and a choice of one (1) activity per individual.
5. PRIZE DETAILS & CONDITIONS: Winner and their guest must be able to travel to Greenville, South Carolina and redeem their two-night stay by December 31, 2023. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) is $1,500 USD. No prize substitution or cash redemption is available unless at VisitGreenvilleSC’s sole discretion. VisitGreenvilleSC reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value at its sole discretion. Prize is not transferable or assignable. All federal, state, and local income taxes on prize and gratuities are solely the responsibility of the winner. Activity options may vary. Activities will be based on availability and final dates of the trip. Cancellation or rescheduling of the trip may result in alternative activity options.
6. PRIZE CLAIM: In order to be declared a winner, the selected recipient must have been nominated through the VisitGreenvilleSC digital entry form; Be reached by email by the Organizer of the Sweepstakes within forty-eight (48) hours after the draw. If it is impossible to reach the selected by email within forty-eight (48) hours after the draw, all rights to the Prize will be forfeited and another entry will be drawn. If it is impossible to reach the second selected by email within forty-eight (48) hours of the draw of the second entry, all rights to the Prize will be forfeited and another entry will be drawn. If it is impossible to reach the third selected by email within forty-eight (48) hours of the draw of the third entry, the prize will be forfeited.
7. PRIVACY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for VisitGreenvilleSC and the Sweepstakes Entities to use the nominees’ & both the winner and guest’s names, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voices, and addresses (city and state) on a worldwide basis in all forms of media, in perpetuity and without further compensation in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes consent to the transfer of personal information collected from the entrant to VisitGreenvilleSC for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and for such other purposes as VisitGreenvilleSC and Sweepstakes Entities may choose, including, but not limited to, marketing purposes. By entering the Sweepstakes, you also authorize VisitGreenvilleSC and Sweepstakes Entities to provide your personal information and your guest’s personal information to third party fulfillment companies so that such companies may process you and your guest as the recipients of the prize(s).
8. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of VisitGreenvilleSC and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. By entering, winners and entrants and their guest also agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless VisitGreenvilleSC and Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, from and against any claims, damages, or liability due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) for property of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: a) acceptance, possession, misuses, or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, b) any malfunction or other problem with the Sweepstakes website, c) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, or d) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering, or announcement of any prize.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any malfunction of the Sweepstakes or error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry information.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of the state of South Carolina. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and VisitGreenvilleSC in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina. Without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of South Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina. In the event of a dispute over the terms of these rules or the Sweepstakes, the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts in Greenville County, South Carolina, and courts with appellate jurisdiction over such courts, and agree that venue therein is proper and convenient.
11. CONTACT: Christina Zolli, VisitGreenvilleSC, 148 River Street, Suite 100, Greenville, SC 29601