South Carolina Children's Theatre
SCCT is the largest children’s theatre in South Carolina and serves over 30,000 children and their families annually through performances and special events, theatre classes, on-site residencies, school tours, and outreach programs. SCCT recently opened its brand-new theatre facility in downtown Greenville.
SCCT produces five (5) MainStage productions per year. They hope you and your family will join them for their 22-23 season!
This year’s productions are:
-Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! The Musical! (Sept 23 – Oct 9, 2022) (Ages K5-3rd)
-Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella (Nov 18 – Dec 11, 2022) (All ages)
-The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (Jan 27, 2023 – Feb 5, 2023) (Ages 3rd-8th grade)
-The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show (March 3 – 12, 2023) (Ages Pre-K-3rd grade)
-Once on This Island (May 5 – 21, 2023) (Ages 3rd-adult)
SCCT also offers FREE Tell-Me-A-Story Theatre performances for little ones (pre-K to early elementary) in their lobby throughout the year. At these lobby shows, favorite children’s books are acted out for their youngest audiences, and they encourage audience participation! Check their website for dates.
SCCT’s Theatre Arts Conservatory offers year-round drama classes for students ages 3-18, including summer camps. Be sure to check their website throughout the year for current class listings!
- Days Open: See website for show schedule
- ADA Compliant:
- 100% Smoke Free:
- Free Wifi:
Payment Methods Accepted:
- American Express
- Master Card
- Group Discounts
- Other See Company Website
- Minutes To GSP Airport: 18
- Miles to Greenville Convention Center: 4
- Miles to Bon Secours Wellness Arena: 2
- Bus Parking Available:
- Parking Fee: Hourly parking available on-site and nearby.
- On-Site Restaurant/Food Service:
- Cuisine: Light concessions menu
- Indoor Venue:
- Audience Seating: Indoor: 299
- A/V Equipment Available:
- Outside Catering Allowed:
- Exhibits Space
- Description Built in 2018, The Bell Mainstage is a beautiful new, state of the art theater that provides a perfect marriage of intimacy and grand spectacle expected in any great hall. The Prisma Health Lobby is one of the most comfortable and inviting spaces at South Carolina Children’s Theatre. With beautiful natural lighting, tall lofted ceilings, and engaging architecture, this space is sure to inspire any gathering or event. The Younts 2nd Stage is a true multipurpose venue that can be configured in any number of ways. This space provides a large open floorplan for tables and chairs, or can be configured as a theater in any number of arrangements.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room 3360
- Total Sq. Ft. 8416
- Space Notes The stage vaunts a full LED lighting system, a digital audio system, and select automated hoists for flying scenery in and out. These modern systems are sure to accommodate any technical need. The lobby has facilities for caterers to utilize, a concessions booth, plenty of space for tables, dimmable lighting to help create mood and easy access to both theatre spaces. The 2nd Stage is outfitted with a simple lighting system, an audio system and a structural grid that can be purposed for decorations or scenery in support of presentations, creating mood, or producing your own show.
- Theatre Capacity 300
- Number of Rooms 3
- Total Sq. Ft.: 3360
- Theater Capacity: 300
Prisma Health Lobby
- Total Sq. Ft.: 2800
- Width: 87
- Length: 33
- Reception Capacity: 225
Younts 2nd Stage
- Total Sq. Ft.: 2256
- Width: 48
- Length: 47
- Reception Capacity: 150
Oct 08 2022 - Oct 09 2022
Dates vary between September 23, 2022 - October 9, 2022
Feb 17 2023 - Feb 19 2023
Feb. 17 - Feb. 19